When I use digital technologies I will communicate respectfully by:
· always thinking and checking that what I write or post is polite and respectful
· being kind to my friends and classmates and thinning about how the things I do or say online might make them feel.
· not sending mean or bullying messages or forwarding them to other people
· creating and presenting my own work, and if I copy something from online, letting my audience know by sharing the website link to acknowledge the creator
When I use digital technologies I protect personal information by:
· being aware that my full name, photo, birthday, address and phone number is personal information and is not to be shared online.
This means I:
· protect my friends’ information in the same way
· protect my passwords and don’t share them with anyone except my parent
· only ever join spaces with my parents or teacher’s guidance and permission
· never answer questions online that ask for my personal information
· know not to post three or more pieces of identifiable information about myself.
When I use digital technologies I respect myself and others by thinking about what I share online.
This means I:
· stop to think about what I post or share online
· use spaces or sites that are appropriate, and if I am not sure I ask a trusted adult for help
· protect my friends’ full names, birthdays, school names, addresses and phone numbers because this is their personal information
· speak to a trusted adult if I see something that makes me feel upset or if I need help
· speak to a trusted adult if someone is unkind to me or if I know someone else is upset or scared
· don’t deliberately search for something rude or violent
· turn off or close the screen if I see something I don’t like and tell a trusted adult
· am careful with the equipment I use.At school we/ I have:· discussed ways to be safe, responsible and ethical users of digital technologies· presented my ideas around the ways that I can be smart, safe, responsible and ethical user of digital technologies.I will use this knowledge at school and everywhere I use digital technologies.